Associated Club
PENANG TURF CLUB
Founded in 1864, the Penang Turf Club is also the oldest of the three turf clubs in Malaysia. The early Penang racecourse was situated along Macalister Road from 1869 until 1939 when it moved to its new premises at Batu Gantong.

The sleek and modern three-storey grandstand gives an unobstructed view of the racing action. In 1978, an extension was built adjacent to the existing grandstand, bringing the Club’s capacity to 14,000. Located on its 270 acre site, the racetrack is 1,900-metre long and 24-metre wide and is turfed.

Today, the Penang Turf Club is the only racecourse equipped with an 18-hole golf course, with seven of the holes within the infield area.

Website link to Penang Turf Club: www.penangturfclub.com

Three delegates of Penang Turf Club:
  • Ybhg Dato Ong Eng Khuan DSPN
  • Mr Lee Kean Teong
  • Ybhg Dato Saw Lip Khai DSPN PJK
PERAK TURF CLUB
The Perak Turf Club has its beginnings going as far back as 1886 when its first meeting was held at the then State capital, Taiping. Its course was regarded as the cradle of racing in the then Malaya. 1

The Ipoh Gymkhana Club started in February 1913 on the new course in Ipoh, which became the main centre of racing in this state.1

In 1926, the Perak Turf Club officially came into existence at its present premises at Racecourse Jalan Tambun. In 1971, the Perak Turf Club was equipped with a brand new grandstand which can accommodate up to 15,000 racing fans. Activities of the club were extended into sports and community projects at State and national levels.1

The racetrack is 1,800-metre long and 21-metre wide and is turfed with cow grass. Training and barrier trials are also conducted on a sand track.1

Website link to Perak Turf Club: www.perakturfclub.my

Three delegates of Perak Turf Club: 1
  • Ybhg Dato Cheah Choon King DPMP JP
  • Mr Ng Eng Tong
  • Mr V W Balasingam
SELANGOR TURF CLUB
The Selangor Turf Club traces its beginnings to the efforts of a group of amateur racing enthusiasts, mainly British officers in the late 1800’s, to establish a venue for their recreational activities. By then, Kuala Lumpur had become the capital of the state of Selangor, during which time the Selangor Turf Club was founded.

Race meetings were by far among the most popular and cosmopolitan attractions of the time. In 1896, the Selangor Turf Club moved to Jalan Ampang (now the famous KLCC Twin Towers), and it was not until 1992 that it relocated to a brand new state-of-the-art racecourse in Sungei Besi.

The new Turf Club is now equipped with upscale racing facilities and can accommodate up to 25,000 racing fans. The racetrack is 2,000-metre long and 30-metre wide, left-handed and is turfed with patented grass-El-Toro Zoysia. Its greatest asset is the double home bends with the unique gradients which help to reduce significantly the centrifugal force acting on the horses and allow for exciting finishes when the horses come through the home bend to the finishing line.

Website link for Selangor Turf Club: www.selangorturfclub.com

Three delegates of Selangor Turf Club:
  • Ybhg Dato Dr Chan Lam Kong DIMP KMN
  • Ybhg Dato Rick Loh Lap Sang DPMT AMN MPHF
  • YAM Tunku Dato Seri Shahabuddin
SINGAPORE TURF CLUB
Formed in 1842, the Singapore Turf Club, then known as the Singapore Sporting Club, is the oldest Club in Singapore.1

The first race meeting was held in early 1843 with the inaugural race called the Singapore Cup, which was worth a paltry $150.1

In 1924, the Singapore Sporting Club changed its name to the Singapore Turf Club. The Bukit Timah racecourse was completed in 1933 and was then regarded as the finest in the East.1

Construction works on the new Singapore Racecourse at Kranji commenced in 1995, and the jewel in the crown of Singapore racing was completed four years later. One of its breakthrough features was the state-of-the-art lighting which allowed for night racing.1

The architectural centrepiece of the racecourse is the Grandstand with its unique roof structure inspired by the graceful and powerful image of a horse in motion. Comprising two public viewing levels, Club level for the horse owners, social racegoers, young professionals and international visitors and also a Corporate level consisting of corporate boxes which are available for rental. The Grandstand offers full-height glassed, column-free view of the races, and has a capacity of about 30,000 race-goers.1

The left-handed oval-shaped, sand-based racetrack is 2,000-metre long and 31-metre wide, and turfed with patented grass-El-Toro Zoysia. The 1,500-metre long Polytrack is also regularly used for racing in addition to training.1

Website link for Singapore Turf Club: www.turfclub.com.sg

Four delegates of Singapore Turf Club: 1
  • Mr Lim Joo Boon
  • Mr Peter Chong Siong Siang
  • Mr Fong Heng Boo
  • Mr Suresh S Nair